Register or Login:

FAQ | Search ]

Favela Rising documentary

SMART-POPCORN.com Forum Index -> Critical Point Reply to topic   Post new topic
twilightsamuraiguy
One-Time Poster

Post08 Feb 2006 01:28 pm
Post subject: Favela Rising documentary

Hi guys! Was just wondering if any of you have seen this documentary called Favela Rising? I just saw it last week and it reminded me of "City of God" by Fernando Merreilles; they're both about drugs and violence in the slums of Brazil. "City of God" was just amazing, no doubt; but I thought Favela Rising was pretty good, too. There's this ex-drug dealer who launches a music movement that blends Brazilian hip-hop and reggae to keep teenagers away from drugs. It's gritty and disturbing, actually, but also inspiring without being too sentimental, I think. Hope anybody else has seen it and tell me what you think! Also, does anyone here happen to have Afro-reggae CDs, which was the music featured in the docu?
Kernan
Review Team Member

Send private message Send e-mail

Post09 Feb 2006 08:55 pm
Post subject:

I have not seen it yet but I am looking forward to it. It sounds fascinating and on the films website http://www.favelarising.com/music/index.html
There are clips of the music as well as a link to the website of Force Rising who performed much of the films soundtrack. They have phone numbers on the Force Rising website that you can call and they can tell you how to order the music from the movie.
http://www.forcetheory.com/
SMART-POPCORN.com Forum Index -> Critical Point Reply to topic   Post new topic
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: