Register or Login:

FAQ | Search ]

Introductions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SMART-POPCORN.com Forum Index -> General Discussion Reply to topic   Post new topic
Larlar
Seedling

Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number

Post30 Jul 2004 05:56 pm
Post subject:

I'm posting here because Mac made me against my will. It might have been through hypnotism. Ah, I'll never know.

Hiya.

Post30 Jul 2004 06:01 pm
Post subject:

Larlar wrote:
I'm posting here because Mac made me against my will. It might have been through hypnotism. Ah, I'll never know.

Hiya.

See....here we have a "Hi, You're New" thread. It alleviates the pain of the much maligned "Hi, I'm New" thread.

Also...it's like a newb corral. Where's my branding iron...
Larlar
Seedling

Post30 Jul 2004 06:10 pm
Post subject:

I think there's still some branding room on my ass. So many forums to visit...you're not helping...

Post30 Jul 2004 06:15 pm
Post subject:

Larlar wrote:
I think there's still some branding room on my ass. So many forums to visit...you're not helping...

Your south of the border real estate is safe....we brand INTERNALLY. Bend over, Lar.
Larlar
Seedling

Post30 Jul 2004 06:19 pm
Post subject:

Sorry, but that hole's exit-only.

Post30 Jul 2004 08:56 pm
Post subject:

funny, Notelgnis made me post against my will... and i'm pretty sure Mac made him post...

anyway, hi there. i'm a literature and spanish student at Penn State and i enjoy a good movie now and again (but i prefer a good book)

hope to be a healthy contributor to this quaint little society
Notelgnis

Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address

Post30 Jul 2004 09:05 pm
Post subject:

I post for no man!
Corn-Star

Post30 Jul 2004 09:10 pm
Post subject:

BrokenMobile wrote:
funny, Notelgnis made me post against my will... and i'm pretty sure Mac made him post...

anyway, hi there. i'm a literature and spanish student at Penn State and i enjoy a good movie now and again (but i prefer a good book)

hope to be a healthy contributor to this quaint little society

I didn't ask that bastard to post here! He's always been a non-poster in my eyes. The atrocities he has committed at TTB kill my soul.
BrokenMobile
BANZ0RED!!1

Post30 Jul 2004 09:14 pm
Post subject:

or perhaps... didn't commit...?
Beldin
Seedling

Send private message AIM Address

Post30 Jul 2004 09:38 pm
Post subject:

I'm going to try and keep this pretty brief... I'm sure any of the pertinent details will come out in conversation sooner or later.

I answer either to Beldin or Isaiah (my real name) and don't watch nearly as many movies as I should, nor am I as well versed in film theory as I'm sure many of you are. The one class I took on Film my senior year of high school may have been difficult, but I'm a long way from a serious film student. Nevertheless I am, as Macabre Stalker can probably tell you, very opinionated and obstinate, though not too far past the point of reason.

You know, I've always felt self-description like this come off sounding terribly affected, so here's the beef. I'm an 18 year-old student at New York University, I have a summer job making pizzas in my home town outside Boston, and I enjoy nearly any activity that involving media, be it textual, audio or visual.

And that's all the news that's fit to print.
Macabre Stalker
Corn-Star

Post30 Jul 2004 09:42 pm
Post subject:

Beldin wrote:
I'm going to try and keep this pretty brief... I'm sure any of the pertinent details will come out in conversation sooner or later.

I answer either to Beldin or Isaiah (my real name) and don't watch nearly as many movies as I should, nor am I as well versed in film theory as I'm sure many of you are. The one class I took on Film my senior year of high school may have been difficult, but I'm a long way from a serious film student. Nevertheless I am, as Macabre Stalker can probably tell you, very opinionated and obstinate, though not too far past the point of reason.

You know, I've always felt self-description like this come off sounding terribly affected, so here's the beef. I'm an 18 year-old student at New York University, I have a summer job making pizzas in my home town outside Boston, and I enjoy nearly any activity that involving media, be it textual, audio or visual.

And that's all the news that's fit to print.

You're only 18? Huh...and here I thought you were in college even back when we were both trying to write reviews at TTB v.1.
Beldin
Seedling

Post30 Jul 2004 09:45 pm
Post subject:

Nope, I just was (and am, I hope) wise beyond my years.

Actually, unless I'm getting my dates borked, I was finishing up my Senior year around the time of TTB 1.0. I'm young for my grade, as my birthday is right around the cut-off.
Amir0x

Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post31 Jul 2004 05:21 am
Post subject: I'm coming in for an emergency landing...

Here's the low down dirt for anyone who actually cares, which I'd warrant is a grand total of no one. But hey, I like posting self-biographies on the internet, so here it goes (keeping it as clean as possible until I read the rules thoroughly, of course):

Let's see... where to start. My name is Christopher John, people call me Chris or CJ for short. Nickname is Amir0x for no reason at all, I just thought it'd be a random compilation of letters that no one else on the internet could possibly have. And I was right!

Family/Relatives:

I come from a family of religious fanatics who, for better or worse, have taken the forefront in exactly how they thought I should be raised. But, what teenager actually listens to that crap, eh? I have one brother, who is in jail and is coming out September 28th, and two sisters who I'm way too overprotective of. Can't help it, though, I'm nervous about rapists and murderers to a fault. I'm part Puerto Rican, part Italian/Jew... and I have some slots of German. I'd bark, but nobody wants to know just what type of mutt this sort of mixing created.

My life so far:
From an early age (12+), I started experimenting with... well... with things. I think we all know what. And after years of hardcore abuse and an addiction which I, fortunately, kicked... I joined the army to help myself get the discipline I felt I wouldn't get elsewhere, being that all my friends are... well... still having problems. Two things, however, have always stuck with me as a love throughout all my life. First, I've been collecting movies since before I could remember with any penny I could muster, and have aquired quite an impressive collection if I can say so myself without getting too prideful. I can't quite put a finger on why I love movies so much, except that I find no such joy quite like watching a great film. Second, I love videogames. Love em'. Not as much as movies, but I like games. A lot. So I play... a lot. I like how that works, heh.

Anyway, currently... I have a broken arm which, ironically, was a good thing because it has prevented me from being sent to Iraq. My arm is pretty well on its way to being full healed, so once October runs around I don't know where I will stand with going to Iraq or not going. Hopefully, not. As a filler, I work as a telemarketer at Bil-Ray. We sell Siding, Windows, and Kitchen Cabinet Refacing.

I hope that's good for now. I actually have to run to work as we speak. Be back later to stretch my legs a bit. It's funny that it was suggested I come here, because literally just the other day I was surfing the new layout. Very, very slick. Impressive, and heya Macabre, Beldin, LarLar, etc...

Send private message Visit poster's website

Post31 Jul 2004 12:02 pm
Post subject:

I like to party.
My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
I used to read mac's reviews for another site and comment on them.
I believe in the desperate acts, the kind that make you look stupid.
I went to film school. I believe that to be one of those acts.
I realized last night that I am still a hopeless romantic even though I'm older than dirt.
I fix video editing equipment in Austin.
I've seen the unpainted scenes from A Scanner Darkly and think it's going to be good.
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam.
'Unite and multiply; there is no other law, or aim than love,' would seem to be her constant cry on all side, while she mutters to herself, perhaps: 'and exist afterwards if you can; that is no concern of mine.'
Reel Monkey
Corn-Star

Post31 Jul 2004 12:52 pm
Post subject:

OMG ITS DEN!!! MUST CALL MAC AT WORK AND INFORM HIM!!! ::amazingly high-pitched girlie shriek::
Seedling

Post31 Jul 2004 09:43 pm
Post subject:

Man, this is shaping up to be a pretty good crew over here.

Hey Ami and Den.
Amir0x

Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post31 Jul 2004 10:03 pm
Post subject:

'Sup Beldin.

Post01 Aug 2004 12:10 am
Post subject:

Christ, inventory days suck. I haven't been home all damn day. Owell...home now.

Btw...Hi Den. Great to see you.
Buttercup
Seedling

Post01 Aug 2004 01:04 am
Post subject: Eh Heh

I'm not so sure giving me this much space to type and all the time in the world to talk about myself is such a good thing. Watch and you'll find I say absolutely nothing useful about myself.

Mkay, here we go.

My name is Kaleena, almost as cute as Buttercup. I am a Princess, each of you will learn this over time. I found my way to this site because I was brutally dragged here by none other than your leader Thom. I am also the one that gets to preview absolutely any subtle change in the layout before anyone else. Not that my opinion really matters, he's stubborn and will do whatever the hell he wants anyhow. ^^;

I've known Thom for roughly six years now. We met when we were both uprooted from our home states (not so home state for you, I know, as you were actually born here) and dragged across the country to Arizona. We attended the same High School and became the best of friends. :') Touching, no?

I'm 21 and have been married for six months. (Not to Thom. Thought I ought to clarify since people we know can't even get this straight.) I'm currently raising a lazy Ragdoll and a hyper Turkish Van. For those of you that don't know, those are cats.

My aspirations in life are to write a good novel that no one else will ever read, to drive a car that actually shifts when it's supposed to, and to write a decent review for a movie that I actually like. Such as Hero. I wish other people could watch it too, but unless you're from China, you have to wait until the end of this year to see the wonder that is Jet Li.

There was someone earlier that said he liked the book Fight Club. I'm with you. Everyone should read that, especially since there were so many wonderful parts left out from the movie. This would also be my favorite movie of all time. Right up there with Fight Club is American Beauty and What Dreams May Come. Amelie falls a touch short, but I'll watch and rewatch it for Thom. Smile
Thom
Captain Tightpants

Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number MSN Messenger

Post01 Aug 2004 01:13 am
Post subject:

Aww... Embarassed Hey, that's the most I've ever heard you call me Thom.
SMART-POPCORN.com Forum Index -> General Discussion Reply to topic   Post new topic
Page 2 of 4 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: