Register or Login:

FAQ | Search ]

Introductions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SMART-POPCORN.com Forum Index -> General Discussion Reply to topic   Post new topic
Buttercup
Seedling

Send private message AIM Address

Post01 Aug 2004 01:16 am
Post subject: Bwahaha

Typing and talking are two different stories. You'll notice when I call your house I can't even ask for Thom. No matter the fact I insisted on you putting the 'h' in your name, I still can't say it for some reason or another.

<3Tommy<3
Reel Monkey
Corn-Star

Post01 Aug 2004 01:24 am
Post subject: Re: Eh Heh

Buttercup wrote:
Such as Hero. I wish other people could watch it too, but unless you're from China, you have to wait until the end of this year to see the wonder that is Jet Li.

Just so you know, it has a limited release for August 20th in the US.
Seedling

Post01 Aug 2004 04:49 pm

Reel Monkey wrote:

Fantastic! Then I can watch Jet up on the big screen, rather than simply having to settle for on my little couch in the living room with two other males critiquing every single fight scene that occurs. A most pleasant bit of information, thank you. ^^;
necroSYS
Seedling

Post02 Aug 2004 06:50 am
Post subject:

Post02 Aug 2004 11:10 pm

Buttercup wrote:
Reel Monkey wrote:

Fantastic! Then I can watch Jet up on the big screen, rather than simply having to settle for on my little couch in the living room with two other males critiquing every single fight scene that occurs. A most pleasant bit of information, thank you. ^^;

I head on a commercial last night that it might have a nationwide release on August 27. I could be wrong, but I swear that's what I heard.
Review Team Member

Post03 Feb 2005 08:33 pm
Post subject:

This thread slipped past me, so I shall introduce myself...

My nickname is obviously Ham Sandwich (long story), but my real name is James. I'm basically 18 now (my birthday is in 2 months) and I live in Columbus, GA, and we're just a downtown bridge away from the Alabama border.

I love movies, and I've been watching them like crazy since I was a little kid. I drove my parents nuts watching Disney classics and Brave Little Toaster, and my love for movies grew even larger when I accidentally came upon taped copies of Terminator and Terminator 2 when I was 7 or 8 years old. You see soccer moms freaking out about their kids watching a PG-13 movies, just picture a 7-year-old kid watching wide-eyed at Arnold Schwarzenegger rip roar through people like they were play toys. In fact, I watched Terminator 2 so many times, and drove my parents mad with my obsession with the movie, that it is the only movie that I can honest-to-god say I've watched it more than a 100 times (and incidentally garnered a permanent #1 on my favorite movies list). It got me through a lot of rough times, and thus why I have such an emotional connection with it.

With my Terminator blabbering aside, I decided I wanted to be a writer/director after finding my #2 favorite movie, American Beauty, by pure chance on a movie channel. To study up on technique and story, I've been catching up on all of the classics I missed, thanks to my wonderful Netflix subscription, and soon enough ended up here by way of Reel Monkey.
easilydissolvedinwater
Seedling

Post09 May 2005 02:59 pm
Post subject:

Hello there

Ok, some might know me better as "brokenstatue2001" from Comics2Film, but thanks to recent changes to the message boards, I'm now easilydissolvedinwater. You can call me Easy D for short.
I'm a major movie fan, and a comic book geek, and some of my favorite films include the Blade trilogy, Spider-Man 1&2, Payback, RoboCop 1&2, and Unbreakable.
And music, I like the music, too. I like Queens of the Stone Age, Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, Black Eyed Peas, whatever.
Thom
Captain Tightpants

Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number MSN Messenger

Post09 May 2005 03:44 pm
Post subject:

Welcome aboard, Easy D.

BTW, you could probably PM Robbo on the C2F boards and he'd be able to reset your password on your original account.
iv3rdawG
Giggity Giggity Giggity

Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger

Post30 May 2005 02:25 pm
Post subject:

My favorite 10 movies go in this order:

1. Kill Bill Vol. 2 (2004)
2. Pulp Fiction (1994)
3. Sin City (2005)
4. Kill Bill Vol. 1 (2003)
5. Jurassic Park (1993)
6. Alien (1979)
7. True Romance (1993)
8. Return of the Jedi (1983)
9. El Mariachi (1992)
10. Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera (2004)

Last edited by iv3rdawG on 04 Aug 2008 03:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reel Monkey
Corn-Star

Post04 Jun 2005 07:39 am
Post subject:

Hey Evan!!! Smile
Corn-Star

Post28 Jul 2005 07:57 am
Post subject:

Just wanted to welcome a few of our new staff memebers.

Mia, Atreyu, Reel American and... oh... I guess that's it for now. Haha!

Welcome aboard!!!

RM
Giggity Giggity Giggity

Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger

Post28 Jul 2005 05:25 pm
Post subject:

Welcome Very Happy
TremontiSlash
Review Team Member

Send private message Visit poster's website

Post02 Aug 2005 08:38 pm
Post subject:

Twisted Evil "Please allow me to introduce myself, i'm a man of wealth and taste" Twisted Evil

Hello everyone. Obviously, you see my name as TremotiSlash, Tremo or Slash for short. If you know anything about rock music, obviously you know these are the names of fantastic guitarists (Mark TREMONTI of Creed and Alter Bridge.....Slash of GNR, Snakepit, and Velvet Revolver). Anyways, my real name is Dustin. I'm 18, and im a senior in high school. I'm currently living Orlando, but i was born in Fayetteville, NC.

I guess im a talented fellow. I'm an athlete, or basketball player i should say. I'm aslo an actor, in which i particpate in all my school's productions. I also play the guitar and piano/keyboard. I also love writing scripts. I am surrently undergoing some revisions and making them into clean, professional scripts.

Film. Movies. Flicks. Whatever you may call it, it is an artform that i take seriosuly, that i love, that i enjoy. Ever since i could remeber, i'd always watch films. Some films during my younger that i enjoyed are films that normally children at that age wouldnt even like because "they're old movies" like The Sound of Music with Julie Andrews, Alibi Ike with Joe E. Brown, and The Flim Flam Man with George C. Scott. But i was also a normal kid too lol. My fav movie then was The Lion King, which i still hold dear to my heart as my fav animated film.

My favorite movies include Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, Raiders of the Lost Ark, To Kill A Mockingbird, Pulp Fiction, The Flim-Flam Man, X2: Xmen United, Scent of a Woman, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, The Crow, The Lion King, Oklahoma, Guys and Dolls, Jaws, The Terminator, Supereman, The Untouchables, The Public Enemy, A Fistful of Dollars, and more!

Around ages 14-16, i decided if my dream fo becoming a professional basketball player never worked out, i have my other will of becoming an actor and screenwriter. So next year in college, ill be playing ball, yes, but ill be also majoring in film/performing arts.

I'm glad to be part of the site. Ill be looking forward to post in these forums
~ Quint (Jaws)
TremontiSlash
Review Team Member

Send private message Visit poster's website

Post02 Aug 2005 08:46 pm
Post subject:

oh, and for the heck of it, i guess i shoud list my music tastes also.

Alter Bridge, Led Zeppelin, Creed, Guns N Roses, Queen, Van Halen, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Primus, Colonol Claypools Bucket of Bernie Brains, Colnol Claypool's the Frog Brigade (Ok...so anything with Les Claypool lol), Rush, The Rolling Stones, Cinderella, Quiet Riot, Cream, Journey, 311, Dream Theater, Zao, Demon Hunter, Aerosmith, AC/DC, and the Jimi Hendrix Experience.

i love me some film composers. Mostly John Williams, but i also enjoy Hans Zimmer, Yo-Yo Ma, Howard Shore, and Danny Elfman.
~ Quint (Jaws)
Reel Monkey
Corn-Star

Post16 Aug 2005 04:09 pm
Post subject:

I'd like to welcome Blue Meanie and Film Girl to the staff!

Hello there and welcome! Too Cool

RM
Review Team Member

Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Post21 Aug 2005 07:21 pm
Post subject: THE Mr. Johnson

Hello, all. I had intended to fill this space long ago, but was busy that day and then forgot about this thread. For all who care (I see that hand, thank you), here goes:

My name is Brian Johnson. I was born on September 29, 1974, in what was then the small community of La Mirada, California. Although, I was actually delivered in the Whittier Hospital, which would explain my fantastic sense of humor.

I was a born entertainer. My earliest memories include my lining up my stuffed animals as an audience for my elaborate song-and-dance numbers which, thankfully, no one filmed with our Super8 film camera or I would be dying of embarrassment.

That entertainment bug burrowed under my skin and got permanently lodged in the bloodstream the day my dad bought the family's first video camera. I was 12 and fell instantly in love.

Family life was normal, and can be summarized as a series of moves from La Mirada, CA, to Midvale, UT; Salt Lake City, UT; Syosset, NY; Trumbull, CT; Bend, OR; and now Redmond, OR. More than you needed to know, I assure you.

By the time college arrived, I knew I wanted to direct theatrical films. So I majored in Cinema & Video Production at Bob Jones University (Greenville, SC) from 1994 to 1998. That's right, I am a BS of film production. And what did it get me?

Six years of teaching drama at the Christian school in Redmond. But I'm not complaining; those were six wonderful years, and I enjoy the stage almost as much as I enjoy the cinema.

In 2000 I married my college sweetheart, Veronica Lake. (No kidding! She even has the long hair for that peekaboo look. She was glad to marry me, but she was sad to lose her cinematic last name.)

In 2004, I resigned from teaching to open my home-based videography business, which has entailed videotaping weddings, and other things. It's not filmmaking yet, but it's good for keeping my skills sharpened so that when the time comes, I'm ready.

And then on January 1, 2005, our first child, Arthur, was born. He is now going on eight months, and persists in being the most adorable child.

The Trivial:
Favorite Movie: The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Favorite Food: Mashed Potatoes
Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Book: The Count of Monte Cristo

That's the basics. And really, anything else would probably not interest total strangers, but you're always free to ask me at motpicvideo@yahoo.com

Catch you later!
Thom
Captain Tightpants

Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number MSN Messenger

Post02 Sep 2005 03:42 pm
Post subject:

Hey... I know there are a few new staff members who haven't introduced themselves yet. Why don't you do so? You know who you are. Razz
Macabre Stalker
Corn-Star

Post02 Sep 2005 09:06 pm
Post subject:

Thom wrote:
Hey... I know there are a few new staff members who haven't introduced themselves yet. Why don't you do so? You know who you are. Razz

They're locked in my basement.

Unfortunately I have no idea where my basement is...so that only compounds the problem.
laurie_pooh
Review Team Member

Post10 Sep 2005 08:47 pm
Post subject:

Hi Everyone. I'm Laurie, and I live near Dallas TX. Can I get a yee ha? Right. That was lame. I apologize.

I graduated five (long) years ago with a degree in Communications (Journalism emphasis). I was the entertainment editor of both my high school and college newspapers. I've always been very interested in movies. I try to go at least once a week if not more. A few years ago I started my own (very lame) review website.

Since I started work on my masters degree, I kind of gave up on the whole writing thing. I love it, and miss it a lot. I stumbled on your site by accident, and got inspired. This is the most awesome, well put-together site for movies I've ever seen. I decided to come out of my popcorn shell (pun intended) and join.

I see you're very testosterone heavy, so maybe you need a little estrogen. Feel free to drop me a line. Smile I have Yahoo! IM and am always online.
Macabre Stalker
Corn-Star

Post10 Sep 2005 11:53 pm
Post subject:

laurie_pooh wrote:
Hi Everyone. I'm Laurie, and I live near Dallas TX. Can I get a yee ha? Right. That was lame. I apologize.

I graduated five (long) years ago with a degree in Communications (Journalism emphasis). I was the entertainment editor of both my high school and college newspapers. I've always been very interested in movies. I try to go at least once a week if not more. A few years ago I started my own (very lame) review website.

Since I started work on my masters degree, I kind of gave up on the whole writing thing. I love it, and miss it a lot. I stumbled on your site by accident, and got inspired. This is the most awesome, well put-together site for movies I've ever seen. I decided to come out of my popcorn shell (pun intended) and join.

I see you're very testosterone heavy, so maybe you need a little estrogen. Feel free to drop me a line. Smile I have Yahoo! IM and am always online.

Welcome and thanks for the kind words. I am sure Monkey is thrilled to see more women folk 'round these here parts.
SMART-POPCORN.com Forum Index -> General Discussion Reply to topic   Post new topic
Page 3 of 4 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: