Register or Login:

FAQ | Search ]

Kernan and Blacksheep

SMART-POPCORN.com Forum Index -> Critical Point Reply to topic   Post new topic
Cinephile
Review Team Member

Post16 Jul 2006 03:18 pm
Post subject: Kernan and Blacksheep

how is it possible for them to write so many reviews?
Kernan
Review Team Member

Send private message Send e-mail

Post17 Jul 2006 10:52 am
Post subject:

How is it possible? It's my job. I am the film critic for WOC AM 1420 in Davenport Iowa so I see every movie that comes out in wide release and review them on the radio. Since I love to write I take my radio reviews and flesh them out in written form here at Smart-popcorn.
If however, your question is about the quickness of the postings, how they get approved so quickly. You need to visit the writers forums where Thom has empowered us as our own editors which allows us quicker turnarounds from seeing the film to having the review posted. I will admit that my editing skills still need alot of work but I am working hard at it and, I hope, getting better with each new review.
Review Team Member

Post17 Jul 2006 05:32 pm
Post subject:

that's great. i'd like to be a fulltime or parttime film critic one day...yeah, i try my best to edit...but sometimes stuff slips by.
Thom
Captain Tightpants

Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number MSN Messenger

Post17 Jul 2006 09:51 pm
Post subject:

Yeah, Kernan pretty much nailed it as far as the speed of reviews. I was a hard sell in warming up to the whole blogging mentality of self-moderation, but y'know, when you're already supposed to trust your writers, why keep them in shackles?

It helps spread out the work force a bit, too. Since opening up the editing process, I've had more free time to work on new projects, backend stuff, etc.

Expect the next revision of SP to have an even more open writing atmosphere. (It'll be a while yet.)
SMART-POPCORN.com Forum Index -> Critical Point Reply to topic   Post new topic
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: